Helmet Review: Rudy Project The Sterling
If you’re looking for a helmet that gets results and protects you from injury, the Rudy Project Sterling is your helmet.
First of all, Rudy Project is known for their superior helmets. Secondly, the Sterling has some interesting features, like:
- Custom Fit – No matter what helmet you choose (and you get a choice on size S/M or L/XL), the helmet will fit because their system adjusts to your head size.
- Eyewear Dock – I found this very cool about the Sterling. It has a place on top of the helmet to hold your eyewear. (For someone like me, this is imperative because I’m always taking off and putting back on my eyewear!)
- Flow Through Ventilation – This enables you to go quick when you need to go quick. This helmet is not holding you back! Plus, your head wont get hot because air is constantly circulating.
- Safety reflection system – Each Sterling has this so that if you are riding in dark areas, you will be seen.
- In Mold — According to the Rudy Project website, “the combined action of the EPS structure, the polycarbonate shell and exoskeleton creates resistance to the mechanical action exercised by an impact and dissipates the energy in order to prevent it from being transferred to the head of the rider wearing the helmet.”
- Visor – There is a visor that comes with the Sterling if you want to use it. I opted not to.
Now for the color. I chose the white helmet with the blue accents because I wanted the helmet to blend in with my apparel. What I love about this helmet, in addition to the features I mentioned above, is that it has a mat finish and looks awesome!
The Sterling helmet retails for $275 but you can get it here for 30% off! Here’s the link!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.