Helmet Review: Rudy Project The Sterling
If you’re looking for a helmet that gets results and protects you from injury, the Rudy Project Sterling is your helmet.
First of all, Rudy Project is known for their superior helmets, especially since they were named #1 at Kona during the past seven years. Secondly, the Sterling has some interesting features, like:
- Custom Fit – No matter what helmet you choose (and you get a choice on size S/M or L/XL), the helmet will fit because their system adjusts to your head size. (The coolest thing is, they will take the helmet back after 90 days. So, if you don’t like the fit, pack it up and return it!)
- Eyewear Dock – I found this very cool about the Sterling. It has a place on top of the helmet to hold your eyewear. (For someone like me, this is imperative because I’m always taking off and putting back on my eyewear!)
- Flow Through Ventilation – This enables you to go quick when you need to go quick. This helmet is not holding you back! Plus, your head wont get hot because air is constantly circulating.
- Safety reflection system – Each Sterling has this but it’s probably a good idea to wear bright reflective outerwear to make sure you are seen. I even like the outwear with flashing lights. I want people to know I’m on the road!
- In Mold — According to the Rudy Project website, “the combined action of the EPS structure, the polycarbonate shell and exoskeleton creates resistance to the mechanical action exercised by an impact and dissipates the energy in order to prevent it from being transferred to the head of the rider wearing the helmet.” (The company has a six-year crash replacement guarantee –you crash it within in 6 years of buying it, they get you a new one at a competitive price.)
- Visor – There is a visor that comes with the Sterling if you want to use it. I opted not to.
All of Rudy’s helmets are covered under a 3-year manufacturer warranty
Now for the color. I chose the white helmet with the blue accents because I wanted the helmet to blend in with my apparel. What I love about this helmet, in addition to the features I mentioned above, is that it has a matte finish and looks awesome!
I took the helmet with me when I went down to Florida to visit my dad. It’s been so cold up north, I haven’t been able to ride outside. Going down to Florida was a good excuse. I have to say that the helmet was extremely comfortable. I was really impressed. The fit was perfect and I loved the way it had lots of vents, especially in that heat!
In addition to loving this helmet, the most important thing for me was I didn’t even notice it was on my head! It was that light and that comfortable.
The Sterling helmet retails for $275 but you can get it here for 30% off! Here’s the link!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.