Author of Born to Run and now, Natural Born Heroes, Chris McDougall will lead a fun run, followed by a unique cabaret stage show featuring the lost arts of Ancient Greek Heroes. Every ticket purchased includes a signed copy of Natural Born Heroes and a goodie bag filled with great gifts and prizes. Don’t forget your sneakers and your copy of Born to Run!
Chris McDougall tells the exciting and inspiring tale of George Psychoundakis and other World War II resistance runners on the island of Crete who harnessed the pillars of ancient Greek heroes to overcome the odds. McDougall discovers the tools of the heroes- natural movement, extraordinary endurance and efficient nutrition- which are still practiced around the world today.
All proceeds from the event will go to Back on My Feet (BoMF), a national non-profit that uses running to help those experiencing homelessness transform their own lives and achieve employment and independent living.
Location: New York Society for Ethical Culture Auditorium, 2 W 64th St, New York, NY 10025
Date: Wed, April 15
Group Run: 6:00pm – 6:45pm – Central Park Attendees are welcome to leave belongings at their seats at your own risk.
Heroes Cabaret Stage Show: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Book Signing: 8:00pm – 9:00pm
Fee: $35 per person
Thanks to BoMF’s amazing sponsors, every ticket purchased will include:
- Copy of Natural Born Heroes ($27 value) – Chris will sign it.
- Pouch of Daily Good provided by Aloha
- Bombas socks ($9 value)
- $20 first time passes to Mile High Run Club ($14 value)
- Coupon to 30 minutes to NY Sports Med’s Alter G Anti-Gravity Treadmill ($30 value)
- Discout to NY Sports Med Runner’s Report Card ($50 savings)
- Coupon for a free sandwich at Terri’s ($9 value)
- If you have the book, Born to Run, Chris will sign that too!
I plan on going and I hope to see you there too… It will be a lot of fun and will be benefiting a great cause!