How to Get Rid of the Negative Thoughts
Everyone experiences negative thoughts from time to time, but for a triathlete, these negative thoughts become detrimental when competing for a triathlon.
In the beginning of August, I spoke with Dan Schaefer, PhD., a sports and business strategist, as a part of a live webinar series for WeRTriathletes. Dan Schaefer is also the author of the book Click! The Competitive Edge for Sports, Entertainment, and Business. During this webinar Schaefer discussed how to get rid of the negative mind games when training.
I specifically wanted to know how to change these thoughts into positive thoughts. Here’s what else we talked about:
- How to get through a variety of issues that get in the way of performing the way people may like in sports and business
- How to alleviate the “I’m really not good at this” thought process and other negative thoughts
- Making use of your subconscious mind
- What is visualization and how can it help you?
- What is a Trunk Card and how do you use it?
- And More!
Watch the talk to gain insights on how to stop the negative mind games when you are training!