If you are already a runner, you know how painful shin splints and plantar fasciitis can be. Since I get shin splints from time to time, I surfed the Internet to find the best running surfaces to try to alleviate this from occurring again. Here’s what I found:
1) Grass – Although hard on your muscles, this is probably the softest surface you can run on.
2) Trails — This is number two because like grass, it’s very soft. But be careful of tripping over some miscellaneous twigs.
3) Track – If there is a track nearby at a local High School, this is a great soft place to run.
4) Boardwalk – Since there is some give, this is another soft surface to run on.
5) Treadmill – Another good surface to run on because it’s soft and according to experts, it is the same as running on harder surfaces.