So how do you ride into the wind?
Here are some tips:
- Don’t let the wind defeat you. Give yourself positive reinforcement. Don’t get down on yourself for going 10 mph when you normally go 15 mph. Just go with it.
- Set your gears for the easiest one and spin out. Keep your RPMs at 80 or higher.
- If you’re doing intervals, just focus on your power, your heart rate, or any other metric you use for the intervals.
- Lean into your bike when you’re going into a headwind. For the tailwind, you can sit up and relax. Let the wind take you.
- Have a strong sturdy grip so that you don’t serve all over the road
- Finally, consider drafting. If you can and if you are with someone else, ride close to their back tire and you will feel a significant difference in how you ride.
If you have any other tips on riding into the wind, please leave them in the comments below. Happy riding!