Discount Code At the End of the Blog
Most of the races in 2020 have or will be canceled or postponed due to COVID-19. To offer athletes an opportunity to continue to compete while building their skills, Final Surge, a training app similar to Training Peaks but more robust, is offering virtual racing. You can also create your own team race using Final Surge.
Create Your Own Race on Final Surge:
If you want to create your own race for your team, Final Surge can create races of any distance in running, cycling, swimming, triathlon, and duathlon. This includes virtual stage races (example: a 3-day event that includes a 10k run on the first day, a 5k run on the second day, and a half marathon on the third day). It can be done on a single day, or you can choose to allow participants to complete the race over a range of days.
You can also choose to collect the shipping address from your race participants when they sign up so that you can mail them medals, t-shirts, and other SWAG you decide to offer. Final Surge does not provide medals and/or t-shirts for races.
Final Surge will host your race sign-up, results, and payment pages. You can charge any amount for race registration. Final Surge will keep $5 per race registration plus 4% of each transaction. Final Surge will then transfer you the race registration fees at the conclusion of the race. If you have your own service, you can pre-pay for blocks of registrants at $5 per registrant.
Or, Join Final Surge Virtual Racing – FREEDOM 10K
The FREEDOM 10K is the Liberation Day in the Netherlands (Bevrijdingsdag), which is held on the 5th of May and is the day where the Dutch celebrate their liberation by the allies from the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands (1945).
The Netherlands was occupied by Nazi Germany on 10th May 1940 (4 days after, Rotterdam was bombed). The Netherlands was not liberated until 5 years later, mostly by the Canadian forces. Right after the war, it was decided that the 5th of May will be when Liberation Day takes place. Liberation Day is the day to remember that we were not always free and that we should celebrate and not take it for granted!
How does it work?
- Sign Up For Just $5 on www.FinalSurge.com. (If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free. Make sure to use the code: WRT for 10% off coaching)
- The FREEDOM 10K virtual race will be placed on your calendar for Tuesday, May 5th. Using the Final Surge app or web platform, you can move this planned race to any day between Tuesday, May 5th – Tuesday, May 19th.
- Run, jog, or walk indoors on a treadmill or outdoors.
- Sync your results to the planned race using one of the many platforms we connect with: Connected Apps & Devices. If you run on a treadmill or don’t have GPS device data, you can always enter your results manually using our app by typing your completed time and distance into the race.
- After you have raced, view where you rank on our live leaderboard here: View Results. These results will be updated on a daily basis.
- On Wednesday, May 20th, official results will be released, and the winners of the final drawing will be announced.
If you don’t have a FinalSurge.com account, you can create one and use the code WRT for 10% off all accounts. Create one today and see the difference!