Tired of Zwifting alone? You have the opportunity to join an event, and there are lots of them. You can also create a group ride with your training partners and friends using the Zwift Companion App.
How to Set Up a Group Ride:
- Sign in to your Zwift Companion and go to events. You will see three icons on the top under your name – a bike, a runner and a group. Press on the group and click create event.
- You have the option of creating a cycling event or a running event. Here you are asked, when you want to meet – Fill in the day and time.
- Then, you will be asked where do you want to go – Watopia, which includes — Watopia, Innsbruck, London, New York, Richmond, Yorkshire, France and Paris. Or, you can choose the Beach Island Loop, which includes: a bunch of other courses, some hilly and some not so hilly. Remember these courses change daily. (It actually changed while I was on it!
- Next, you can choose your duration or distance.
- After that, you will be asked, “who do you want to invite?” There will be a large orange box with a cross in it. Click on the cross. You will be taken to a page where you will see all your friends you follow.You can ask anyone you follow to join the event.
- In Customize Your Meetup – you can keep everyone together (this is particularly good if some folks are stronger than others) or you can race against each other.
- You also can choose to have a “Meet Up Only View.” This will enable you to only see those people who are riding together. Everyone else in the world will be hidden.
- Lastly, you can message your group and then click on Create MeetUp. And, it’s as easy as that.
Riding with a Group
I rode the other day with Iron Fit Endurance and was quite nervous. I didn’t know what to expect. There were about 20 people in the group and everyone stayed together, however, some people were going faster than others. So if you caught up, you can easily slip behind. To me it was very motivating. I found myself racing against others in the group who I knew and it was a total blast.
After that, I set up an event with WeREndurance. It was so much fun to be on the course and it pushed us even harder!
So, who is up for a group ride?